SAB-185 COHORT 3
ICON Early Phase Services is conducting a research study for healthy adults ages 18-60. This study is being done to test a potential treatment for COVID-19.
Vital signs, oral/nasal swabs, physical examinations and pregnancy, will be performed. Blood and urine samples will also be obtained during this study. The study drug will be given Intravenously (IV infusions).
Participants will complete:
• Up to 2 screening visits
• 2 consecutive overnights
• 9 outpatient visits
To determine if you fully qualify, it will be necessary to obtain blood samples after an 8-hour fast. You have the option of fasting for the screening appointment, or, you may return at a later date. If ICON does not have your medical records on file, you will need to provide medical records at screening. For more information, see below.
Qualified participants may be compensated up to $3,500 for time and travel.
If you are able to answer “YES” to the following statements, you may qualify for this study.
• I am a healthy adult, meaning no significant medical conditions
• I am between 18 and 60 years old
• I have not been diagnosed with COVID-19
• I have not participated in an investigational study within 30 days prior to the screening visit
• If Female, I am not pregnant or breastfeeding
• If Female and capable of becoming pregnant, I agree to use a highly effective method of birth control during the study and for at least 90 days after the last dose. Methods of birth control include:
o Combined (estrogen- and progesterone-containing or progesterone-only) hormonal contraception (oral, implant, injectable)
o Hormone-releasing IUD
o Vasectomized partner
o Heterosexual abstinence if this is the preferred and usual lifestyle
o Bilateral tubal occlusion
• If Female and not capable of becoming pregnant, I have been postmenopausal for at least 12 months
• I do not have an allergy to beef products including milk and gelatin
• I am able to communicate effectively in English with the study personnel
It is important to understand that even if you feel that you meet all the above criteria, you are still required to complete the protocol screening procedures. Scheduling a screening appointment does not guarantee that you will qualify for that study. Additionally, subjects are screened on a first come-first served basis and studies may complete enrollment prior to your visit.
No guarantees can be made regarding group assignments for any particular study. ICON will not assume any liability for lost time, travel or failure to qualify.
To determine if you fully qualify, it will be necessary to obtain blood and urine samples after an 8-hour fast. You have the option of fasting for a blood or urine sample at the screening appointment, or, you may return at a later date for us to obtain these samples.
If you fast, you should refrain from eating or drinking anything (with the exception of water) for 8 hours before your appointment.
Be sure to bring all of your medications with you to your screening appointment.
Please note, you need to bring a valid, non-expired photo ID with you when you attend your screening visit. We accept a government issued identification card such as a driver's license, state issued ID card, military ID or passport. You will be required to show this same photo ID at all study visits.
You will be filling out paperwork for the study. Please arrive at least 30 minutes in advance of your screening appointment. If you are late for your appointment you may not be seen or may need to reschedule.
Be advised that you may need to provide medical records as part of the screening process for this study. If possible, please bring your full medical records with you to your screening appointment. If you cannot bring your records with you, you must provide them before you can admit to the study. Note that full medical records include surgical reports. You will not be allowed to participate in the study without medical records defined as:
• All medical records, including but not limited to: office notes, face sheets, history and physical, consultation notes, inpatient, outpatient and emergency room treatment, all clinical charts, reports, surgical reports, order sheets, progress notes, nurse's notes, social worker records, clinic records, treatment plans, admission records, discharge summaries, reports of consultations, documents, correspondence, test results, statements, questionnaires/histories, from your medical provider(s).
• For females, surgical reports are required as documentation for procedures such as hysterectomy, bilateral oophorectomy and tubal ligation.
If you are able to answer “YES” to the above questions and would like to make an appointment online please click on the following link:
PLEASE NOTE: You must call first to be prescreened for the study before making an appointment.
NOTE: No available dates at this time. You must be prescreened first.
In order to schedule a screening appointment online, you will be required to enter your personal information (name, date of birth, etc.) into a secure, password protected database. Your information will remain confidential and will not be accessible by any party that does not work directly for ICON Early Phase Services. It may be necessary for the recruitment staff to contact you by phone in the event of a schedule change or if more information is needed. You have the right to remove your information from the database at any time by logging in to the scheduling program and choosing “My Profile” and then selecting the “Terminate Account” button.
PURSUANT TO SECTION 30.06,
PENAL CODE (TRESPASS BY HOLDER OF A LICENSE TO CARRY A CONCEALED HANDGUN)
A PERSON LICENSED UNDER SUBCHAPTER H, CHAPTER 411, GOVERNMENT CODE (CONCEALED HANDGUN LAW), MAY NOT ENTER THIS PROPERTY WITH A CONCEALED HANDGUN.
uling a screening appointment does not guarantee that you will qualify
- Male or Female
- Payment amount
- up to $3,500
- 18 - 60