NN 0009-0431 MAD
SAN ANTONIO - Texas
ICON Early Phase Services is looking for men and women ages 18-60, who are overweight or have obesity but otherwise healthy for a clinical research study. This study is being done to test an investigational product for weight management. The study drug will be administered by subcutaneous injections (under the skin).
Or call 210-225-5437 for more information
Vital signs, physical examinations, ECGs, hormone level evaluation and drug and alcohol screens will be performed. Blood and urine samples will also be obtained during this study.
Participants will complete:
- Up to 2 screening visits ( the first screening visit is non-fasting)
- 22 overnights total
- 8 outpatient visits
To determine if you fully qualify, it will be necessary to obtain blood samples after an 8-hour fast. You have the option of fasting for the screening appointment, or, you may return at a later date. For more information, see below.
Qualified participants may be compensated up to $11,500 for time and travel.
|NOTE: All dates and times are tentative & may change. Partial payment available.||
|Admit (6 AM)||May 24, 2021 Mon|
|Discharge||May 28 Fri|
|Admit (6 AM)||June 1, 2021 Tue|
|Discharge - a payment within 10 business days after this visit||June 02 Wed|
|Admit (6 AM)||June 07, 2021 Mon|
|Discharge - a payment within 10 business days after this visit||June 23 Wed|
|Day 31 Outpatient visit||June 24 Thurs|
|Day 35 Outpatient visit||June 28 Mon|
|Day 42 Outpatient visit||July 05 Mon|
|Day 57 Outpatient visit||July 20 Tues|
|Admit (6 AM)||Aug 01, 2021 Sunday|
|Discharge||Aug 02 Mon|
|Day 84 Outpatient visit||Aug 16 Mon|
|Day 98 Outpatient visit - a payment within 10 business days after this visit||Aug 30 Mon|
|Day 112 Outpatient visit||Sept 13 Mon|
|Day 122 Outpatient visit||Sept 23 Thurs|
|Admit (6 Am)||Oct 07, 2021 Thursday|
|Discharge - a payment within 10 business days after this visit||Oct 08, 2021 Friday|
If you are able to answer “YES” to the following statements, you may qualify for this study.
• I am a healthy adult who is overweight or has obesity and no significant medical conditions
• I am between 18 and 60 (inclusive) years old
• My BMI is between 27.0 and 39.9 kg/m2 inclusive
• I do not smoke or use any tobacco or nicotine products. I agree not to smoke for the duration of the study and to abide by the rules of the clinic, which is a non-smoking facility.
• I have not participated in another clinical trial within 30 days before screening
• If Female, I am not pregnant or breastfeeding
• If Female, I am not capable of becoming pregnant. I have been postmenopausal for at least 1 year or I am surgically sterile (tubes tied, uterus removed, tubes removed) or I was born sterile.
• If Male and I am sexually active with a partner capable of becoming pregnant, I have been sterilized (by vasectomy) or my partner must be willing to use a highly effective form of contraception. Acceptable methods of contraception are:
- Combined (estrogen and progestogen containing) hormonal contra- ception associated with inhibition of ovulation (oral, intravaginal, transdermal)
- Progestogen-only hormonal contraception associated with inhibition of ovulation (oral, injectable)
- Implantable progestogen-only hormonal contraception associated with inhibition of ovulation (intrauterine device (IUD), intrauterine hormone-releasing system (IUS)
• If Male, I do not plan to donate sperm in the period from screening until at least 4 weeks after the last follow-up visit
Screening Reminders -
• 8 hours fasting is required for lab work (only water is allowed)
• If taking medications, bring them to your screening appointment.
• Bring a valid, non-expired photo ID with you when you attend your screening visit. We accept a government issued identification card such as a driver's license, state issued ID card, military ID or passport. You will be required to show this same photo ID at all study visits.
• Arrive 30 minutes before your appointment to complete paper work.
- Healthy Adults - Not Currently Screening
- Male or Female
- Payment amount
- up to $11,500
- 18 - 60